When I was a little girl, every year I would watch the London marathon with my Dad, and we would say, one day we'll do that.

Thursday 15 March 2012

When I was a little girl, every year I would watch the London marathon with my Dad, and we would say, one day we'll do that.
In 2004 just as I became pregnant with my third child my grandad passed away, and dad decided it was his time to run. He ran for Haven, the people that took care of my grandad in his last days. I wanted so much to run with him, but the baby was due a month before marathon day, there was no way I could.
Come April i sat on the sides feeding a new born cheering my amazing Dad on, and watching him come over the finishing line was so emotion.
Since then my want to run each year has been worse. But reality strikes. I have four home schooled children and a husband that works unsociable hours. I have become quite out of shape. Wishing each year I could do it is unproductive. I need to make a plan.
This is it.
I aim for 2015. If I can do it sooner then great. But that's my Deadline. My eldest is 13 this year. As I get nearer the date I will be able to trust in her to take care of her siblings while I get in at least one jog a day, I can't even do that at this time. But first I have to address my health. This is something my husband and I have both agreed to do. This is not about loosing weight. We want to be more fit, healthy and strong than we have ever been before. We have a long way to go.
We are changing our life, making our interest a productive one. The start has been a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment