When I was a little girl, every year I would watch the London marathon with my Dad, and we would say, one day we'll do that.

Monday 30 March 2015

water..tick

The past week i have drank over a litre and a half of water each day. It was not so bad, i squeezed a lemon into it. I must admit i already feel much better. I also lowered my caffeine to one intake a day, ready for it to be completely removed this week. The caffeine withdrawal head aches have been much easier this way.
So now this week i am detoxing. My husband is too. To be honest it can not come soon enough. Better health is the one thing we are both needing right now. I am feeling pretty great today, but i like to detox hard, so we will see how the week takes me. By detox, I of course mean my usual water fasting. I have had such good results from this, so see no need to find a different detox. The first few days tend to be the hardest, before your body goes into starvation mode. Once there it is plain sailing.
Just from better choices and drinking more water i dropped 5lb last week. I find weight loss very easy. Weight loss and weight gain. It comes and goes so easy. I can quite easily drop a stone in a week or gain a stone in a week. For me the trouble is always in getting fit and lean and then staying there. My problem is maintaining myself with correct choices, and not becoming a lazy greedy me. As i have gotten older a lazier greedier me is harder to ignore. I didn't even realise i had a lazy greedy me when i was younger. But the older i get, the louder that me becomes, and i have really noticed it in my 30's. Time to shut it up.
The husband and I went to get new trainers at the weekend. Running trainers. He has no interest in doing a marathon, but he would like to run and hopefully train with me. We will start with just a basic walk each night, till our detox is finished. I want to do this right, lesson the blow, not be discouraged. So one step at a time, specially while detoxing and possibly having lower energy levels. He also got some trainers for high impact, when he exercises he loves plyometrics. I might even join him, depends on what my knees can handle, I want to aim on running after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment