When I was a little girl, every year I would watch the London marathon with my Dad, and we would say, one day we'll do that.

Tuesday 24 March 2015

I'm back :)

I'm back :)

Back on the band wagon. I would say, can you believe i fell off again? But we are only human and bad food seems yummy when you are lazy and fat and filled with colours, flavourings and preservatives. My biggest trouble seems to be health. I have a few health issues, and without fail just as i get into a fitter life something will crop up, and instead of work through it, i cave. So this time it WILL be different, when another symptom crops up i will keep my mind set on the goal. My actions, healthy living, exercise are not the problem (that's for a doctor) instead these things could even be the key to getting better, or at least helping the symptoms to lessen.
Hubby is working with me this time, and we are likely to choose the same paths with food and exercise, so we can be each others workout partner. His work has changed and we can exercise together which will help. The only thing he is unlikely to join me with is all my yoga. I can get him to do power yoga but that's about it. Men are always so scared of yoga. I have done quite a lot of yoga while off the fitness wagon, only really the past couple of months have i slacked, and it's been quite amazing seeing the difference, being able to rest your head on your legs while standing really does feel relaxing after all (who would have known).


The first step? As always with me, drink more water. I hate water, i hate the flavour, it makes me feel like i need to throw up. Obviously this is not good, and i must over come this. I will drink anything to try to skip water. Most days i live on tea and coffee (yes, what a failure back on caffeine) and if fizzy is in the house i will add that, and still wonder why i am thirsty. Well ok i don't wonder, i am just not very smart when it comes to making good decisions if it's something i don't like. My husband is a water drinking pro and gulps down a good 2 litres a day, so i guess i can use him in a competitive way, i do competition quite well.

Something I have added to our life since i last posted on my blog is a nutribullet. I was juicing before, but it always seems to waste so much of the good bits of fruit and veg.


The nutribullet is pretty darn cool. I fill half the cup with leafy greens like spinach then put some fruit in, maybe some 'super foods', bit of coconut oil sometimes and some fluid (water, coconut juice, fruit juice etc) wizz it up, and i have a perfect good tasting smoothy, one which contains all the fruit and veg, not just a drip of it's juice. I love this thing, and so does the whole family. As a bonus i also use it for making my own sauce bases for dinners such as a curry.

Right so i guess i had better stop writing about it and get on with doing it. By it, i mean drinking water. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment